Friday, February 12, 2010

Inspiration?


One of the things that I was hoping to get out of my trip to Greece, on an artistic level, was inspiration. While I don't think that I was "struck by a thunder bolt", I did find things that I resonated with. The interesting thing is that it solidified/confirmed the direction that I have been taking in my work.

On a walk around Chalki, we came upon St. George Diasoritis Byzantine church. It was spectacular. I loved the texture, colour and the juxtaposition of angles. My only disappointment was that it was locked as it was off season. Apparently the interior is as interesting as the exterior.

This is an image I am going to print up and hang on my wall for inspiration. It would be fun to try to capture its essence in a piece. At this point in time, I have no idea as to what I would create or how I would build it, but I will look at it every day. And perhaps, just perhaps, it will percolate through my subconscious and soon come into being. The world works in mysterious ways...

Here's to finding delightful treats for the soul.

No comments: