Friday, March 19, 2010

Creating Habits


I am constantly trying to improve myself. Right now, I am trying to do so by creating new, and modifying old, habits. For instance, I constantly battle my weight. So for the past two weeks, I have been trying to drink 8 glasses of water a day. I'm doing pretty good at it, albeit, with having to run to the bathroom constantly. Now if I don't drink that much water, I find that I thirst.

Behaviour modification works in the studio as well. I have two things that I am working on in the studio. The first is trying to keep the store/showroom cleaner. So everyday I clean, dust and re-arrange one shelf. That way the task is not so daunting. The other is sitting at the computer first thing in the morning and writing this blog. Will I fall off the path? No doubt. The big thing is jumping right back on.

I am thankful that I have the power to make changes in my life.

No comments: